The North Babylon school board on Tuesday night voted unanimously to put a $69 million bond before voters on Dec. 5, the district has announced.
The facilities improvement project would include construction and improvements to all district buildings, including:
- Addition of a state-of-the-art science labs and cosmetology classroom at the high school
- New auditoriums
- Tech lab enhancements and library media centers districtwide
- Improvements to heating, ventilation, electrical, lighting, plumbing and air conditioning
- Replacement of doors, windows, floors, bleachers and lockers
- Turf field construction including new playing fields, tennis courts, scoreboard and a press box
- Improvements to pavement, sidewalks, parking and bus loops
Voting will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 5, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., at Belmont Elementary, Marion G. Vedder, Parliament Place and Woods Road schools, based upon the election district. More information will be available via the district website: www.northbabylonschools.net.