The North Babylon school board is putting a $69 million bond before voters on Tuesday, Dec. 5.
In the meantime, the district hosted a bond fair to answer questions or concerns or field suggestions from residents (photo above). If you missed the informational session, taxpayers can look to the district’s website at northbabylonschools.net for bond-related information.
The facilities improvement project would include construction and improvements to all district buildings, including:
- Addition of a state-of-the-art science labs and cosmetology classroom at the high school
- New auditoriums
- Tech lab enhancements and library media centers districtwide
- Improvements to heating, ventilation, electrical, lighting, plumbing and air conditioning
- Replacement of doors, windows, floors, bleachers and lockers
- Turf field construction including new playing fields, tennis courts, scoreboard and a press box
- Improvements to pavement, sidewalks, parking and bus loops
Voting will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 5, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., at Belmont Elementary, Marion G. Vedder, Parliament Place and Woods Road schools, based upon the election district.
Again, there’s more on the district website at www.northbabylonschools.net.
Photo courtesy of North Babylon School District