The first-ever Babylon Block Party festival series is underway. The first event of summer was Aug. 30. The next happens from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Sept 20.
The festival runs up and down Deer Park Avenue onto Fire Island Avenue to the Carriage House. Thinking of going? Here’s what to know:
• Aug. 30 will mark the first of two festivals this summer. The other Block Party is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 20. The rain dates are Sept. 6 for the first fest and Sept. 27 for the second.
• Each Block Party will feature live music, outdoor dining, vendors, as well as bounce houses and family movies for the kids.
• Deer Park Avenue will be shut down from Railroad Avenue to Main Street, and Fire Island Avenue from Main Street to the municipal parking lot starting at 3 p.m. and until 10 p.m.
• There will be a DJ with dancing and games for kids on Grove Street. Good Samaritan Hospital will have family friendly games set up on James Street, with bounce houses and face painting by Joanie Baloney, whose bringing tattoo people too.
• The bands, including 1 Step Ahead, will be playing near Monsoon.
• All of the village’s municipal parking lots will be open to the public, however there will be no parking allowed on the closed streets.
File photo from Babylon’s annual Spring Fling in June. (Credit: Nicholas Esposito)