If you’re planning on hitting any of this year’s Babylon Block Parties, here’s what you need to know.
• Babylon Block Party, which is run by the Babylon Village Chamber of Commerce, will host three events this summer, all on Thursday evenings.
• Those dates are Aug. 15, Aug. 29, and Sept. 12 —the first planned Block Party of the summer, June 13, as well as second date, July 18, were both canceled due to inclement weather.
• The event, which goes from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., features outdoor dining, live music, vendors, bouncy houses, and food trucks in the downtown area.
• Deer Park Avenue from Park Avenue to Montauk Highway will be blocked off for the fair. The street closings will begin around 4 p.m.
• Event organizers say the best places to grab parking are the municipal lots by George Street and James Street, as well as the Babylon LIRR train station lot.
• The lots fill up quick so if you don’t get there early think of carpooling or calling an Uber or Lyft.
food trucks/ live music
• There will be plenty to eat and drink throughout the festival, with eateries and bars having penned off areas on the streets.
• As far as food trucks go, they will be found at the north end of Deer Park Avenue, in front of the Conklin House.
• For musical entertainment, live music will be played throughout the evening in front of Lily Flanagan’s Pub, in the middle of Deer Park Avenue by The Brixton, Del Fuego, Mary Carroll’s Irish Pub, Horace & Sylvia’s Publick House, and on to the south near the Babylon Burger Bar.
Any questions, make sure to email us at email@example.com.