One more hour is being added to this week’s Babylon Block Party.
The event organizers, the Babylon Village Chamber of Commerce, announced the street festival on Thursday, Aug. 29 will now run from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
“That’s a whole extra hour to enjoy your favorite restaurants, shop at your favorite stores, and dance to some live music,” the chamber wrote on Facebook.
This week’s Block Party is the second of the summer. The final one, set for Thursday, Sept. 12, will go back to the normal times of 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Below is more information about the festival.
• Deer Park Avenue from Park Avenue to Montauk Highway will be blocked off for the fair. The street closings will begin around 4 p.m.
• Event organizers say the best places to grab parking are the municipal lots by George Street and James Street, as well as the Babylon LIRR train station lot.
• The lots fill up quick so if you don’t get there early think of carpooling or calling an Uber or Lyft.
food trucks/ live music
• There will be plenty to eat and drink throughout the festival, with eateries and bars having penned off areas on the streets.
• As far as food trucks go, they will be found at the north end of Deer Park Avenue, in front of the Conklin House.
• For musical entertainment, live music will be played throughout the evening in front of Lily Flanagan’s Pub, in the middle of Deer Park Avenue by The Brixton, Del Fuego, Mary Carroll’s Irish Pub, Horace & Sylvia’s Publick House, and on to the south near the Babylon Burger Bar.