The Town of Babylon announced its Parks & Rec Summer Beach permits will go on sale on June 1 at the Phelps Lane pool in North Babylon.
Due to the pandemic, the town will only be accepting payment via credit card only.
To purchase, town residents must show a valid driver license, car registration and tax/utility bill with a matching address in the Town of Babylon.
The permits will be required for access at Overlook Beach, Cedar Beach, and Gilgo Beach beginning June 6 and Cedar Beach Marina and Campground starting June 26.
Here are some new procedural changes from the town on the permit buying process:
- Permits will only be sold at the Phelps Lane Pool for the entire season
- Permits will not be sold at Tanner Park or the Cedar Beach Marina at any point during the summer.
- Permits will be on sale from noon to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Wearing masks/face coverings is required to purchase a permit to keep both you and our employees safe. NO MASK = NO SALE.
- Residents must remain in their car for the entirety of the transaction. Please have all relevant documentation and your credit card within arms reach before pulling into the lot.
Top: Surfer at Gilgo Beach last summer (file photo)