Salt Shack Seaside Grill is returning to its Overlook Beach and Cedar Beach locations for Memorial Day weekend.
The eatery will be open at both spots for takeout only (food and drinks), beginning Friday, May 22, at 11 a.m. While indoor dining is closed, patrons are allowed to plant their own beach chairs in the sand, as long as they remain 6 feet apart from other beachgoers.
Until further notice, all Babylon beaches — including Overlook and Cedar — will only be open to Town of Babylon residents.
The town released its guidelines for beaches reopening during the pandemic. Here are some of the regulations:
- Face coverings are required when walking around sand and interacting with beach staff.
- The masks are not needed when in the waters or while sitting.
- Residents must space six feet apart from all groups at all times.
- All beach playgrounds will be off limits, and beach sports are prohibited.
- Residents will only be allowed to go waist deep in the waters.
To see all the town’s summer guidelines ahead of Memorial Day weekend click below.
Top: Cocktails from Salt Shack (credit: Facebook)